>>Could you explain your question a bit more detail?
Xuan,
I was starting debug from either WDSC 4.0 or the Start Menu.
I cannot seem to duplicate it today but I think it may have to do with how
I exited the debugger when there were program errors earlier.  Today I just
make the debugger freeze and I have to close it with task manager.
The error in particular was a file that was not found in my library list in
another program being called.  It caused an error in the debugger about the
CPF4101 so I clicked OK.  I forget how I handled it yesterday but today, I
switched to the program in debug I was trying to debug and clicked run.
Selected "c" cancel for the other program and "c" for the current RPG.
Then got the error in debugger "Error occurred: Connection to host "GDISYS"
dropped."  Clicked OK and started to scroll down the program with the mouse
and the debugger froze with a black debugger message window.  The only way
to close the debugger was to go to Task Manager and end the process.  Went
back to my AS/400 session on GDISYS and selected "c" for the CL for that
RPG.  If I answered with a "g" instead of a "c" for the RPG, it would still
freeze and I would have to close it with the task manager.  I know I
probably should not have clicked the run button in the debugger for the
current RPG when it was in the other program but you know how users can be.
:)  If I don't switch to my other program and just select run, when I get
the CPF4101 error, I still get the connection error after "c" and "c".
Then I select terminate, get the error again, then run and then I get
"Error occurred: Fatal error occurred in DERDDEW1.DLL.  Cannot continue.
Contact your service representative.  Response code<7,(DlreadylsEcp,..
\wiley\ilethread.c,68)>".  Scroll down the program and it freezes again.  I
probably need to make sure I select "Terminate" when I get an error in the
future.  If I want to go on, I need to make sure I select run in the
current program, "c" in the AS/400 session, "g" for the current RPG.  Give
it a test and if you think it is worth making more foolproof be my guest.
It might at least be worth fixing the problem when selecting the run when
you get an error and then selecting "c" for that program which causes the
connection error.  Please don't emphasize my name when you mention
"foolproof".  :)

I don't think my original problem was a compiling with source debug issue
because I don't get the same results without source debug.  Maybe it had to
do with a combination of running debug from the editor after or before my
other error.  When I would run the CL, it would skip any of the RPG or CL
debugging while debug waited (attached to the session through either Start
Menu or WDSC 4.0).  If I exited the program, it would say "Program
terminated" and I would select OK.  Apparently, recompiling the CL fixed
the problem yesterday because today I can now debug fine with that one
original CALL statement.

Thanks,
Craig Strong
craigs@dekko.com