Xuan,

Regarding the "mismatch" of line numbers that I mentioned in this
thread: Someone I work with noticed the following post on the
comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc newsgroup:

----------------
Hi folks.

I compile C from the IFS using the officially unsupported "icc" program
(run from qshell).

Things are working mostly okay.  The big problem is the resulting
programs cannot be debugged easily.

By this, I mean the debugger gets BADLY confused.  It shows you as
executing lines anywhere from a few lines to dozens and dozens of lines
off from what you are really executing.  This happens no matter what
listing mode I choose, though it does tend to change what the debugger
thinks the active line is.

My question is, is anyone else experiencing this?  I am using V5R1.  IBM
has been promising a fix for months, but still has not delivered a fix,
so I'm hoping the AS/400 (sorry, iSeries) community has come up with
work-arounds.

Thanks for any replies.
----------------

This post describes the problem I'm having also.

I've confirmed that the modules I've created were compiled with no
optimization.

I see the problem with stepping in the debugger and in trying to set
breakpoints.

The problem occurs in both the native debugger and in the distributed
debugger.

I'm going to continue to investigate and try to set up a simple test
case to see if I can narrow it down.  For now I wanted to forward this
to you.

Thanks

Morgan