Xuan Chen, Debug for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@ca.ibm.com

"Morgan Najjar" <morgan@appx.com>@midrange.com on 01/18/2002 12:53:41 PM

Please respond to code400-l@midrange.com

Sent by:  code400-l-admin@midrange.com

To:   <code400-l@midrange.com>
cc:
Subject:  RE: Distributed Debugger Source Pane

Xuan,

Ok, that helps.  I still have a mismatch on the line numbers, which I'm
investigating now.  Could this have something to do with the fact that
these C source files were tar'd on unix and untarred onto the AS400?  I
originally untarred them into the root file system, and then later moved
them to the QOpenSys file system.

Answer:
   Could you check if that is the case for listing view? If not, please
   show me what
   kind of statement it is.  Thanks.

I still get the "can't find source" dialog for each source file, with
the /QOpenSys pathname in the dialog.  I then have to replace it with
the pathname on my local pc and then the source listing displays.  Is
there a way to default this, so that I don't get this error?  I did
place the local source path in the "Debugger Settings" dialog as you
suggested.

Answer:
   If you put the correct mapped IFS path (in PC) into your local source
   path entry of the Debugger Settings dialog, you should be able to get
   the source.  Note:  It is the path where your source resides, and it
   assume the name of the source be "moduleName.c".

   e.g., if you module name is myModule, and the local source path is set
   to z:\myDir, the debugger will try to find source file myModule.c in
   directory z:\myDir.

   If you still cannot find the source by using the rule described above,
   it is a bug.  Please let us know.  Thanks.

Thanks

Morgan