There was a lot of interactive "I believe that you may be mistaken..."
Normally instigated by me.  There were two other people there who admitted
to using Code in the past.  One was really disappointed that the source
comparison was just given a mention and no visual.

While we were waiting, the board asked if anyone had some real world
experience and I jumped up and spoke off the cuff for about 1/2 hour.  It
was just winding down when he showed up into the room.

Most of the attendees are repeats so I believe that we'll have enough good
will to carry us through.

Rob Berendt

==================
Benjamin Franklin

                    "David Schopp"
                    <dschopp@imt.net>        To:     <code400-l@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    code400-l-admin@mi       Fax to:
                    drange.com               Subject:     RE: Poor Code
presentation

                    11/14/2001 12:38
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    code400-l

I see a couple of terrible things happened here.

1.  An hour late with no notification?  Tsk, tsk.  Respectability is in the
toilet.

2.  The organizer should have verified the speaker's qualifications and
presentation.  I would have thought that this would have identified
problems
or "red flags" beforehand.

3.  What sort of follow up or rebuttal was done?  Was it (as it sounds)
audience members correcting/debating with the presentor?  Was there a
session director that could mediate the "damage" done by this guy?

It sounds like you need a REAL expert or some "in the field" users present
the REAL Code/400.

This was a real shame to your user group members.  I hope they don't see
this as a reflection on the User Group and decide that it's not really
worth
their time.

Sounds like "damage control" is needed now.

Dave