Hi Gene,

While modfying your path, may have made the product work better, I don't
think that that was your original problem (and you shouldn't have to add
WDT400\SYSTEM to your path to get the product to work).    Windows 98 uses
a special registry key to set up the path for an application:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths
You should see various CODE and VRPG EXEs listed and in the Path subkey,
you should find c:\WDT400\SYSTEM included.

There are few situations which may cause what you are seeing:

1) Your path may exceed 256 characters
Check your autoexec.bat file and try to reduce the length.

2) You may be running out of environment space.   The default environment
space in Win98 is very small.  (I suspect that this is your true problem)
When you boot up, press the Esc key and see what messages are logged as
your AUTOEXEC.BAT file is being loaded.  If you see this message, then all
you need to do is add the following line to your CONFIG.SYS file:
  SHELL=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM /p /e:32000
This will increase your environment space to 32000 bytes.

3) Your AUTOEXEC.BAT file has been corrupted.  On Windows 98, environment
variables are declared in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file.  Again you shoudl ensure
that the AUTOEXEC.BAT file contents are correct and loads correctly.

Hhope this helps!

Violaine Batthish
CODE/400 Project Lead
batthish@ca.ibm.com          IBMCA(BATTHISH)
(416)448-2750                          tie line: 778-2750

WDT/400 page:  http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400
WDT/400 Support : http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/support

                    Gene_Gaunt@ReviewW

                    orks.com                 To:     code400-l@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    code400-l-admin@mi       Subject:     RE: file not found
after WDT install
                    drange.com

                    08/16/2001 10:59

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    code400-l

Thank you very much, I added "C:\WDT400\SYSTEM" and "C:\VRPGRT\SYSTEM" to
my path variable, and rebooted.  Now the VARPG GUI designer halts with this
message:

"The VRPGDIR environment variable has not been set.  (2675)"

There is an "OK" button and a "Help" button.  But clicking on "Help" does
nothing.  I click on "OK" and then this message appears:

"The specified project directory \UNTITLED is not valid.  (16219)"

Again with an "OK" button and a "Help" button.  The "Help" button does
nothing.

What do I do now?