  • Subject: "CE" from PDM
  • From: Diane <muellerg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:54:36 -0600

I have just finished installing the CODE/400 product for V4R5M1.  I was quite
surprised to see how easily it installed for me.  Although, after installing I
expected to do my normal steps, go to a 5250 session, type the STRCODE command
and thought all would work, and it didn't.    After digging around, I now
realize with this upgraded version, I no longer have to do those steps--I do
not need a 5250 session tied up all day for my CODE/400 to work.  After
installing this product on a couple other machines, I now realize my
problem--here goes----->

When I defined my TCPIP server list, I listed my HOST NAME as "MMA400".  I
realize now, it should have been "QMMA400".  Even though I can go to a CODE
editor window and do a file/open and get the files I need that way, I cannot
use my "CE" from my PDM option.  I continue to get the error listed below.  I
have changed my TCPIP server list to "QMMA400"--but somewhere it is picking up
the
"MMA400".

ERROR:
4dbf08.jpg

JOBLOG:

 Message . . . . :   A TCP/IP communications error occurred.

 Cause . . . . . :   A security error occurred on the PC.

 - The name of the error is ERR_SYSTEM.

 - The name of the function is ConnectTcpToPC.

Could there be a system value somewhere in this "ConnectTcpToPc" function that
is holding on to my original "MMA400" and is not allowing it to change to
"QMMA400"?

For others that had this defined correct the first time, Code/400 seems to be
working fine and the "CE" function from the PDM menu works also.

Thanks for any thoughts on this problem.

Diane

JPEG image