From: MCPARTLAND, Stan [mailto:stanley.mcpartland@bently.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 December, 2000 11:12 AM
To: 'CODE400-L@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: Ordering CODE/400 w/o AS/400 S/N

I'll add a little more background in case someone from IBM is watching this
list.

First - The copy of 5769-CL3 is a Christmas gift for my wife who is a
consultant.  She has tried to order CODE/400 twice in the past without
success and has given up.  Her use of CODE/400 at client sites would
probably increase the number of installations using CODE/400.  I think IBM
would want to encourage consultants to use the tools and help gain
acceptance in the AS/400 community.

Second - If I am successful in obtaining a copy for Susan, I will probably
order a copy for myself for use with one of the AS/400 timeshare services
for non-work related R&D.  My preference would be to purchase my own AS/400,
but they don't yet have that $5,000 machine with all of the tools.

Stan