Phil Coulthard said:

> John, are you aware of View->Split->Off ring?

Sure am. I use it all the time! Speaking of which, is there a keyboard
shortcut for it?

Like I said in another post, I kind of like the ring system. It allows me to
open up a handfull of /copy members for reference, and flip between them
more conveniently than the standard MDI interface found in most windows
apps. It's a bit of an acquired taste at first, but pretty slick once you
get the hang of it.

What is really driving me crazy, is the (seemingly) clumsy method of
cut/paste on blocks of text. Here's the cycle, assuming two members already
open for editing in split view:

1) Click on lower view.
2) Click on lower view again, to put cursor where I really want it.
3) Alt-L to begin block.
4) Alt-L to end block.
5) Click on upper view.
6) Click on upper view again, to put cursor  where I really want it.
7) Alt-C to copy.
8) Click on lower view again.
9) Alt-U to unblock.
10) Click on upper view.
11) Click on upper view again, to put cursor where I'd like to begin
editing.

Compare this to SEU:

1) Use arrow key to put cursor at beginning of block to copy.
2) Type "cc".
3) Use arrow key to put cursor at end of block to copy.
4) Type "cc".
5) User arrow key to put cursor at destination for copy.
6) Type "a", press Enter.

Or to Visual Studio:

1) Click on lower view - cursor goes right where I clicked.
2) Shift-down arrow to select my block.
3) CTRL-C to copy to clipboard.
4) Click on upper view - cursor goes right where I clicked.
5) CTRL-V to paste from clipboard.

I was hoping that someone was going to tell me that I was going about it (in
Code) all wrong, but no one has offered a better alternative.

Regards,

John Taylor

+---