  • Subject: RE: Custom written Order Ack and Pick Ticket
  • From: Wes Reinhold <WesR@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:07:08 -0400

WE ARE BASICALLY AN ORDER ENTRY HOUSE FOR THE MOST PART AT THIS TIME.  WE
ENTER 1000+ ORDERS A DAY (AND SHIP THEM).  FULL CLIENT SERVER HAS PROVEN TOO
SLOW AND DIFFICULT FOR EFFICIENT OPERATION. IT IS FELT FROM OUR TESTING,
THAT GREEN SCREEN (MIXED MODE) ORDER ENTRY WILL BE FASTER.  ALONG WITH THIS
WE USE OPTIO TO PRINT OUR ORDERS AND PICK TICKETS WHICH PUTS A BURDEN ON THE
SYSTEM REQUIRES SUPPORT ETC.  IN LINE WITH OUR NEW DIRECTION WE WOULD LIKE
TO WRITE OUR OWN ORDER ACK AND PICK TICKET PROGRAMS.