  • Subject: RE: IS THIS TRUE??????
  • From: Clark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Clark, Ruth)
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:22:06 -0700

Glenn Ericson wrote:

>How is the Focus /2000 product doing?
>I am  sure it  works  beyond BPCS

>I get a bit concerned over the 26 day start to finish Conair type
>story as it seems to have created a false sense of security
>among those that have to take action on Y2K  but dread
>the thoughts.  Such  successes  seem to support those
>who might blindly want to follow procrastination.

Hi Glenn.  Focus/2000 is doing very well, thanks.  We now have over 150
licensed sites and dozens of them are live with their Y2K-enabled code.
 We've had successes in North America, Latin America, Europe, Pacific Rim,
etc. etc.

And you're right, it does work beyond BPCS.  Our clients have typical BPCS
environments: base BPCS, modified BPCS, home-grown programs, and other vendor
software.  Focus/2000 converts it all.

You have a very valid concern there about people thinking they can wait until
the last minute to convert their software, since Focus/2000 is so fast.  I'm
sure we will see people coming to us and to other Y2K vendors deep into 1999
or even in the year 2000.  However, we're trying to encourage people to get
their own environments converted and tested FIRST so that they can then make
sure that all the links in their supply chain (suppliers AND major customers)
will be compliant in time, too.

This is a case where higher-level management involvement is important.  That
is, company management needs to demand a detailed Y2K compliance plan from
IT.  Since the health and welfare of the company is at stake, it's not enough
to get by on hopes and unfounded promises.  Companies need to do the research
so that they know exactly how bad off their systems are and exactly what will
be required (time and money) to remedy the situation.

(I know, the air is thinner way up here on this soapbox)

Ruth Clark
Nexgen Software Technologies

+---