I would absolutely also recommend you to stay with the ILE stack. Projects
where I have been involved transforming RPG / COBOL to java causes
nobody to understand the code. The people working with the ILE can't read
the java code and java people will not work with the java that comes out
from that process .

Instead of using APACHE / CGI / CGIDEV2 I would recommend a more modern
approach. Take a look at the microservice stack for ILE using two open
source projects ILEastic and noxDb and develop using git and VSCode. All my
work now is circling around these two open source projects - both
contributing and implementing them at clients.

https://github.com/sitemule/ILEastic
https://github.com/sitemule/noxdb

If you want to go all the way with git / VScode ( that is not required) -
then you can use this little gist to pull your QRPGLESRC/QCLSRC etc into a
modern world of git and compile directly from VSCode

loom at my gist:
https://gist.github.com/NielsLiisberg

.. and find "export_source_to_git.sql"

The direct link is a bit cryptic:
https://gist.github.com/NielsLiisberg/97cc1ff39a4e219927a70078ec05df61

Take a look and let me know what you think.

On Mon, Jun 19, 2023 at 2:45 AM Raul Alberto Jager Weiler <