Thanks for the Suggestion Richard. I will explore it.

Regards,
Surender K

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 1:38 PM Richard Schoen <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Check out this Github project from Niels Liisberg. It's a self-hosted HTTP
server for quick and easy RPG based services and even sites. I plan to be
doing some work with it this year.

You can also use NGINX or Apache as a front end if you need an SSL layer
in front of it.

https://github.com/sitemule/ILEastic

Otherwise you can consider:
CGI or Node as you mentioned or even PHP or Java. Many options.

Personally I would not choose IWS Server. Too klunky for mainstream
services.

My two cents 😊

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

message: 1
date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 18:03:56 -0500
from: Suren K <suren7437@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: [WEB400]

Hi All,

I am planning to introduce Web Services for my IBMi application. I need
some suggestion to choose which Web Services to go with.

This web services which i am planning will be mainly focused for REST
Based API Calls. Also i did a small POC in my application using Scott's
YAJL tool using DATA-INTO and DATA-GEN for Parsing JSON Document into Data
Structure and vice versa. So i am planning to use Scott's YAJL tool as well.

Initially i thought of using IWS, but i could see the below two drawbacks
with IWS
1) In Error Scenario the JSON body will not be sent back to Client
2) It Supports only 4 HTTP methods (GET, PUT, DELETE and POST) but as per
my application requirement i need to use PATCH method as well.
Do any one knows when IBM will fix the above two stuffs? If it is within 3
or 6 months then i am very happy to use IWS as Web Services.

The other options in my mind are
1) With Apache HTTP Server and using CGI method, call the RPG Program
2) Node.js

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Surender K

--
This is the Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) (WEB400) mailing
list