The one thing I am confused about is how the app server is to determine
when email starts and casenbr begins.

You may need to put some sort of delimiter between the variables. Like

/{email}-{casenbr ^[0-9]+$}

"WEB400" <web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 01/11/2019 01:06:15
PM:

From: Peter Dow <petercdow@xxxxxxxxx>
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 01/11/2019 01:08 PM
Subject: [WEB400] Using REST service created with IWS
Sent by: "WEB400" <web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On a v7r3 Power8 box, I used IBM Web Administration for i to create an
Application server called LAB_REPAIR (v2.6 web services).

It's based on a service program, RT0200S that has 2 procedures, ADDCASE
and GETCASESTATUS. Right now I'm focused on the latter, GETCASESTATUS.
It has 2 parameters, email and casenbr. Email is defined as
fixed-length 100a and casenbr is zoned decimal 7.0.

The base resource URL (using ip address for the time being; this is on a

private LAN only) is

INVALID URI REMOVED.
4-3A10010_web_services_lab-5Frepair&d=DwIGaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-
siA1ZOg&r=1i-jGlz0-JTK1aLHcsU-

ew&m=CCNDKmimbua65OnLAg5ajuhqmW1RUNgUU60YIV1cBPE&s=zDfiqyOfNRaGH9IFEeyWioXMwEUqOaDmlMC0Y9of--0&e=

The GETCASESTATUS procedure is associated with the http GET request:

Procedure name: GETCASESTATUS
HTTP request method: GET
URI path template for method: /{email}{casenbr ^[0-9]+$}
HTTP response code output parameter: *NONE
HTTP header array output parameter: *NONE
Allowed input media types: *ALL
Returned output media types: *XML
Input parameter mappings:
Parameter name Data type Input source Identifier Default
Value
PEMAIL char *PATH_PARAM email *NONE
PCASENBR zoned *PATH_PARAM casenbr ^[0-9]+$ *NONE

The service is created and running, and the question is, what URI do I
use to test it?

When I trythe following uri in a browser

INVALID URI REMOVED.

4-3A10010_web_services_lab-5Frepair-3Femail-3Daddress-2540example.com-26casenbr-3D1234567&d=DwIGaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-
siA1ZOg&r=1i-jGlz0-JTK1aLHcsU-

ew&m=CCNDKmimbua65OnLAg5ajuhqmW1RUNgUU60YIV1cBPE&s=uK47m9ezZuWUJIH8HkSEyHCGy65_KsLeV_fZGjfUqoo&e=

I get an HTTP 404 response (not found).

I tried using SOAPui and got the same thing.

I'm new at this REST stuff and really new at SOAPUI, but this really
shouldn't be that hard. What am I missing?