As you folks know, this has been plaguing me off and on since July.  I have repeated this process a bunch of times with the same miserable results.  Let me stress:  this is about setting up and using a web services server.  It's not about RPG, SQL, xml, json, yajl, node.js, python, or php.  Its about setting up an HTTP server and attaching an accessible web services server to it.

The box is at V7R1M0.

The web server is at V2.6

First  example is the provided example, ConvertTemp.  That is as installed, no modifications,  With SoapUI it provides a converted temperature.  Copying the URL from the SoapUI title bar and pasting it into a browser gives me: "

/ConvertTemp

Hello! This is a CXF Web Service!"

Adding ?90 to the address bar gives

<soap:Envelope><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode><faultstring>No such operation: web (HTTP GET PATH_INFO: /web/services/ConvertTempService/ConvertTempnull)</faultstring></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

Second example  is creating a new web server service.  I clicked Next for every choice but 4:   QSYSDIR, QIWSSAMPLE, chose a Rest service, and filled in TEMPIN with *QUERY_PARM, TempIn, default = 90.   When I access it with a browser I get:

com.ibm.as400.access.AS400SecurityException: Password is *NONE.:QWSERVICE

 which sounds like an authority problem that is not verified, fixed, or recognized by the wizard.  So I edited the server and used my USERID instead of QWSERVICE.  That gives a conversion of 32.2.  Always.  Makes no difference what parm I supply.

As an aside, it struck me as peculiar that at no point is there discussion about converting Fahrenheit to Celsius or the other direction.

*Let me ask my question again*:  Has anyone here successfully used the Create Web Services Server Wizard and delivered a working REST web service?