  • Subject: IWS REST Services
  • From: "Danny Rodius" <danny.rodius@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 17:34:39 +0100
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:mS5A2BKPoluuzT/4j9mcpTZWNBhigK39O0sv0rFitYgRKfnxwZ3uMQTl6Ol3ixeRBMOHs60C07KempujcFRI2YyGvnEGfc4EfD4+ouJSoTYdBtWYA1bwNv/gYn9yNs1DUFh44yPzahANS47xaFLIv3K98yMZFAnhOgppPOT1HZPZg9iq2+yo9JDffwdFiCChbb9uMR67sRjfus4KjIV4N60/0AHJonxGe+RXwWNnO1eelAvi68mz4ZBu7T1et+ou+MBcX6r6eb84TaFDAzQ9L281/szrugLdQgaJ+3ART38ZkhtMAwjC8RH6QpL8uTb0u+ZhxCWXO9D9QLYpUjqg8qhrUgflhicZOTAk/m/ZicN/g75crhK9vBFw2ZLYYI6NOfZgYq/RY9UXTndBUMZLUCxBB5uxY4UBAeUbO+ZYqYn8rEYSoxu5GAasBf7vyiRGinTr2qA1zv4uEQfA3A0gBd4OqnPUo8j0NKcPSuC417LIzTbDbvNQxzj99JLEfQs/rvyVW797bMTfyU4qFwzfj1WQr5ToPzKO2eQIqWSU8+1gVeephmU6qA9xuiCiy8QxhoXTmI4YxV/J+T9nzIs6JdC0UlN3bNykHZZWqiqULZF5Qtk4TGFtoCs6z7oGtoOlcyUS05QnwgLfa+SAc4iV/hLvTOaRLil8hHJiYL+xiQy98U6myuz8TMe5zk5GritDktbSqnAAzx/e5tWdRvdj8Uqs1iyD2x7c5+xEO0w4iKjWJp45zr41jJUTsEDDHiHsmEXxia+bblgr9fKu6+ThYrTqvIWcN4hphQH/L6QugdeyAf87MgkOWWiU5/i82Kf48kLnWLlKlOE5krHFsJDGIsQWvqC4DBFO3Yss9xqzEyyr0NEZnXYaNlJKYhSHj4f3NF3UPP/4CvK/0ByQl2I/2P3MYuW5KpDMImLKlrjsO7167hgP5hA0yIUVy5tSDKBJGvX/W1Lq/pSMAhY/NR3y2eHrCchm/pgdSGSCHumTPfWB4hez+uszLrzUN8cuszHnJq196g==

Hi All,

When building a REST service with the IWS there is no way is you have
multiple parms to check if the parm is missing.

You can specify a default value but this is arbitrary.

By default when a parm is missing the service is providing the parm with the
low values for the type of field. Ex all blanks for a char field.

When your data has blank fields in this data then a select would return only
these fields.

However when the IWS REST service should return a NULL pointer for the
missing parm, then we could test on it and see that this is an error or we
should not include this parm in our selection.

For this to happen, IBM request an RFE
<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=126795

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=126795

Should be helpful if you see the advantage to vote on it.

Many thanks

Best regards,

Danny