From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Raul Jager
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2018 6:28 PM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WEB400] IPv6 day

It is true that internal IPv4 addresses are plenty.
Moving to IPv6 you do not need any more internal addresses, nor NAT. It is like having your own, valid IPv4 addresses in the internal network, so your i can communicate directly with any other computer in the internet. Like it was in the original design of the internet. No NAT, no forwarding tables. Simpler, more functionality, but you need to have a well configured firewall.
The only concern in the i is if you store or use the IP for some checks.

With no more IPv4 addresses, and more users some providers are using more NAT, even what they call "Carrier Grade NAT" The more users you put in each IP, the worst the performance, and some applications cease to function. For big users NAT degrades to much, and they are forced to IPv6.
If you stay in IPv4, when an user access your computer from IPv6 you do not get the origin IP, but the one from the gateway between IPv6 and IPv4

"it works, do not fix it" is not always a good politic. In some cases it makes you look obsolete.