June 6 is IPv6 day.

We, in the midrange must plan to leave IPv4 as secondary and focus in
IPv6, otherwise we are going to give a strong argument to the ones that
say midrange is obsolete.

Some information:
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/ulka_athale_1/ripe-ncc-educa-ipv6-day

At some point in time IBM made a mistake with the use of the protocols,
The i tried to connect using IPv6, and if timed out used IPv4.  The idea
was to push the use of IPv6, but it back fired, and some PTFs later they
changed the protocol, requesting IPv6 and IPv4 together and using the
one that responded first. Since IPv6 is usually faster, if available the
i will use it, otherwise fall back to IPv4 without delay.

At present the i works great with "dual stack", using both protocols.

At the time the i used IPv4 only after IPv6 timed out there where to
ways to solve it, the good one, set up IPv6, and the easy one disable
IPv6. Sadly, there are still some people advising to disable IPv6.

Enjoy, the future internet is here.

-- Este e-mail fue enviado desde el Mail Server del diario ABC Color --
-- Verificado por Anti-Virus Corporativo Symantec --