and this ...

const fs = require("fs")
const util = require("util")

const writeFile = util.promisify(fs.writeFile)

async function doSave(file, string) {
await writeFile(file, string)
}

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 5:52 PM, Henrik Rützou <hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Take a look at this ...

https://bitbucket.org/litmis/nodejs-idb-pconnector/overview

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 5:45 PM, Bradley Stone <bvstone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 11:05 AM, Henrik Rützou <hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nathan,

you don't have to code async if there is no need for that - a simple
batch
process
that runs in its own instance hasn't other to compete with (so why
async?)-
so you
code that sync - exactly as you are used to.

be aware of that nearly all async functions in node has a sync
counterpart

const fs = require("fs")
fs.readFile <> fs.readFileSync
fs.writeFile <> fs.writeFileSync etc.

But the synch ones aren't supported or updated any more.. which is why IBM
suggest you use asynch.. which is weird. That's like every call to a
program, subprocedure or function is submitted to batch.. sometimes synch
is good.

I already had started a package to make db easier with node, and the
updates to asynch broke that.. what I did (and it's probably wrong) was
make those functions use callbacks and then:

myStuff.getResultSet(sql, function(rs) {
resultSet = rs;
finish();
});

myStuff.getFieldDescriptions(function(cl) {
columnList = cl
finish();
});

function finish() {
if (resultSet && columnList) {
// everything is done... so go ahead here and do whatever
}
}
--
This is the Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) (WEB400) mailing
list