From: WEB400 <web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 18 March 2018 05:40
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Rise of Node

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 7:09 AM, Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Is there really a case to be made for Node doing it all?

In my mind, yes.

Say you have an application with a form that prompts for eight (8) fields,
each of which is a surrogate key reference to eight separate tables.
Validating the form requires the application to ensure that the eight
values submitted on the form must exist in eight separate tables. What
would the JavaScript look like? How would it perform? How long would the
user be waiting for a response saying that the input was successful?

Frankly, I'm skeptical about Node handling that type of validation and
returning appropriate (sensible) messages to users.