Buck, I think PHP is great and while I am not even rated as a novice
getting to first base to achieve "hello world" or even accessing service
programs on the IBMi is something we are doing a lot more.

Here are some rudimentary steps to get a working system ... Hope this may
help you at least get it installed.

Hopefully there are not too many gaps in the details below

I was using the installation instructions from:
http://static.zend.com/topics/documentation/server-ibm-i/Zend-Server-IBMi-5.6-Installation-Guide-011612.pdf

Downloading Latest Versions of Zend Server

You can download Zend Server form Zend website using the following link;

http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/downloads-ibmi

PTF's
PTF's needed to be installed to meet minimum requirements - see previous
document

IFS Directory

The /usr/local directory did not exist

crtdir '/usr/local'

Restore Licensed Program

The Zend server installation is available from the Zend site as a save
file download.

The save file needs to be put onto the machine - I ftp'd it to the
machine.

RSTLICPGM LICPGM(2ZSVRPI) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(<library-name>/ZSVRSAVF)

If you are installing version 6

RSTLICPGM LICPGM(6ZSVRPI) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(msddcb/ZSVRSAVF6)

If you are installing version 7

RSTLICPGM LICPGM(7PHPZND) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(msddcb/zendphp7)

Note: When installing the licensed program I did not see the splash screen
indicated in the documentation.

After about 5 minutes the below screen was displayed. (Sorry no screen
shots in this list)

Screen shows License details - Enter to Accept and what is going to be
installed.

The End-User License Agreement was then displayed - Enter=Accept

Messages indicating the number of objects restored and access paths being
built were displayed.

MySQL Installation Option- Optional

The option to install MySql is provided - I installed MySQL - Enter=Accept

MySQL installation messages are displayed.

INSTALLATION SUCCESSFUL! message was received - Actual
installation was about 10 minutes.

Verifying Installation

Go to link

http://<IBMi IP Address>:10088//phpmyadmin/

Verifying the Zend Server Installation

Go to the Zend menu - GO ZSMENU

Select option 1=Change password for Web Administration Console
Set password to <what_ever_you_like>

On Zend Server 6 select option 80 then 1

Restart the Apache server
Option 5 from the ZSMENU
Option 7 from the ZSVMENU

On Zend Server 7
Option 12 from ZSMENU

Start the HTTP Server *ADMIN Instance

STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(*ADMIN) (This will take a couple of
minutes to start - especially the very first time)

PHP Config File

The config.php file needs to be updated.

The DATABASE Name will be the system serial number prefixed with S EG
"S65445C2"

User PHPUSER

Need to create the user profile

CRTUSRPRF USRPRF(PHPUSER)
PASSWORD(phpuser)
USRCLS(*PGMR)
INLMNU(*SIGNOFF)
TEXT('PHP User')
SPCAUT(*NONE)

PHP.ini File

Located in /usr/local/zendphp7/etc

Need to add to the include path - :/www/zendphp7/includes

This is to find jpgraph and any other added packages.

IFS Folder Authority

I needed to add the PHPUSER <application> folder and all sub folders with
*RWX

Don Brown

MSD Information Technology

Suite 5/29 McDougall Street Milton Q 4064
( 07 3368 7888
+ PO Box 1629 MILTON Q 4054
Ê 07 3368 7877
* Don.Brown@xxxxxxxxxx
È 0408 751 644
þ www.msd.net.au www.architect4web.com.au

I am a proud supporter of THE REFERRAL NETWORK and recommend the services
of the other member businesses. For more information please checkout the
website www.refnet.net.au