installing a 2nd verson of PHP is pretty easy. Each install is in a
separate library, subsystem, IFS folders. So there is no conflict.

There are issues with authority to the php folder in the www folder. But
that is just a matter of granting authority.

and there probably are PHP.INI config changes in the version 5 PHP you want
to apply to the new install. To do that you can just print both versions
of the PHP.INI file and compare the settings.

If cutting over to the new server means setting the HTTP port to that of
the PHP 5 server, that can be done by printing the httpd.conf files of
each server and comparing them.