Normally you create a CSR first, then import the cert. I know a
couple on here have said they have imported certs without a request
but they never really explained how they did it. I would call IBM and
ask them for assistance, and report back the solution if you can.

There has to be a way to import with out a CSR since renewing of SSL
certs is done all the time. Perhaps renewing should use the original
CSR? It doesn't appear so in this case.

I haven't needed to do this yet so I haven't really looked. I've
always just created a CSR from DCM first.