Arhhh,

not always nice to be a 'nice guy' - by moving around the code and keeping
the
DB connection open the response-time fell to 1.5-2.0ms :-)

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Henrik Rützou <hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The test is performed for each program

call 1-3 doesn't count thereafter an avage of 10 calls done with F5 as
soon as the
result is returned to the browser

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 7:08 PM, Justin Taylor <JUSTIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Are those times for a single request?

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Rützou [mailto:hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 6:38 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [WEB400] Node.js performance

I have now performed performance test and here are some figures:

Windows machine:
WIN 8 Prof - Intel I3 2 cores 3.4 Ghz, 16GB ram

IBM i V7R3 (IBM PDP) - POWER8 2 cores, 3,32 Ghz, 4GB ram

zDemo01.js (reads IFS JSON file based on QIWS/QCUSTCDT and writes JSON
output through zJsonStore

WIN: 0.7ms
IBM: 0.5ms

zDemo05.pgm, RPGLE - runs native SQL and reforms result using
powerEXT/YAJL zDemo06.js, javascript - runs db2a SQL and output JSON result
via JSON.stringify The program basically does the same.

IBM - zDemo05.pgm: 0.7ms
IBM - zDemo06.js: 17ms

All programs are run in a sequense of call's and cold starts are left out
of the average times.

Another little thing about running in blocked mode vs. unblocked:

When I start my HTTP daemon it writes a log that previuous was done with
console.log but now writes to a log.txt file in unblocked mode.

$Util.log('\r\n')
$Util.log('powerEXT node.js HTTP Daemon Starting')
$Util.log(' root: ' + modRoot);
$Util.log(' scope: ' + scope);
$Util.log(' port: ' + port);
$Util.log(' reloadMode: ' + funcObj.reloadMode); $Util.log('
versions:\r\n' + JSON.stringify(process.versions, null, "\t"));

The result of console.log (blocked mode) and log.txt (unblocked mode) is
that in the console the messages comes in the sequense they are made but in
log.txt is written in a random order.

This may also be the case if you write to Data Queues where queue-entries
even from the same node.js script may be received by the backend server
program in the wrong order.

--
Regards,
Henrik Rützou

http://powerEXT.com <http://powerext.com/>

--
This is the Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) (WEB400) mailing
list