Thanks for the ideas and I will check out that page. I'm new to PHP and this is my first time using the toolkit. Most of our RPG program are still large monolithic programs so I didn’t think I would use too many RPG calls. But the idea of not reinventing something that already works is why I went this route. I also have not done much work with other databases, so creating my own TEMP library sounded like more work than I thought this way would be. I was trying to use the current programming as is, so I would not need to adjust even more code on the current system just to add this to the new system. I'm going to try running the SQL thru to the toolkit first because everything else works at this point.

Maybe this is why I could not find any samples of this online. It's not the way to do this, even if it does sound simple coming from CL/RPGLE viewpoint.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jon Paris
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2016 11:44 AM
To: Web400@Midrange. Web400 <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WEB400] PHP and RPG, work file question

As a minimum I think you will have to run the SQL through the toolkit interface - your PHP and toolkit are probably in different jobs.

Have you read through this page? https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__yips.idevcloud.com_wiki_index.php_XMLService_XMLSERVICEConnect&d=DgIGaQ&c=S6jE3hMA0s16gx2_CUBBn4vjc1odLunI6MSvd_AfdV8&r=Ub_YbVSedaHB7-0yGANN94iTrfkU2nCKT1D5-5Jv01Y&m=zmktXW0f_H2tn9S36B4wmm3md3CT0j0eKEB6ziAYVDU&s=LxmVl0Jjvc5QzrPuySmoi9_HW67ek0NLjHeEPNKTxiU&e=

It seems to me you will need a persistent connection for the toolkit work - without that each request could be a different job.

As I said way back I would not use QTEMP - too many complications. If you don’t want to change the record layout to include an Id then why not use the concept of having your own “TEMP” library and create a file with a unique name? The only requirement in addition to your QTEMP solution would be that you would either have to DROP the table after use or alternatively run a nightly clean up job or something.

Has to be less work than wrestling with QTEMP and minimal coding changes - just change the lib name and maybe add a drop.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com