500 errors are a pain, since they generally don't provide you with any
information other than "I cannot cope with the data that you have
sent".

On the other hand, *sometimes* they do provide additional information.
I cannot figure out from your debug log if that is the case here, but
this part of the log could be useful:

<faultstring>[invalid field] [invalid field]</faultstring>

What's singluarly unhelpful is that the invalidness is not spelt out for you.

Normally I would test with a simplified version of the data that is to
be sent to the service; if you can do this off the iSeries then you
can happily forget about any EBCDIC / ASCII translation issues
(because sending EBCDIC data to a web service is probably a good way
of getting a 500 error).

Once I have well-formed data that is acceptable to the service, I
would then try to send that from the iSeries.

I can't remember how the debug file is put together, and I can't tease
apart everything that you've copied & pasted here - but on the face of
it, you've sent bad or very bad data. Others here might be able to be
a bit more forensic about the debug log.