As Buck notes, you are probably using ODBC-ish connections when using db2_connect, so you don't have the option of switching to SYSCOLUMNS. So a requirement request is a good idea.

Cheer
sVern

On 12/2/2015 1:25 PM, Rob wrote:
I am using db2_pconnect. I am not using odbc.

I am on IBM i v7r1 and using DB2 exclusively. I have discovered that what I am looking for may be in hidden columns...

But I am off on another tangent at the moment and can not verify what I have read.

I truly appreciate all of the help. I get so much out of it, even if some of it seems to soar over my head.... I may need to tease my bangs up higher!

I am about to wear Google out!

On 2015-12-02 13:13, Buck Calabro wrote:
On 12/2/2015 1:04 PM, CRPence wrote:
On 02-Dec-2015 09:54 -0600, Buck Calabro wrote:
I wonder if there is some standards body which determines the columns
that SQLCOLUMNS ought to have.
Microsoft /owns/ the ODBC specs. I checked, and the SQLCOLUMNS VIEW
matches the specs; any column after the 18th can be system-specific, and
why COLUMN_TEXT can be there, so there is little reason why the
SQLCOLUMNS could not be re-created [if properly managed with System
Change Management, if done by the user vs the OS] to include the
COLUMN_HEADING column from an underlying\based-on SYSCOLUMNS VIEW just
like is done with COLUMN_TEXT.

Thanks for that, Chuck!

---