To add to Charles' advice and hammer the idea down a little harder--

Be aware that when you say DB2, that you are talking about 3 related (somewhat) yet different versions of it.

If you just look up DB2 online, you are likely to run into stuff that applies only to the LUW (Linux/Unix/Windows) version. You canNOT rely on that information to be relevant to the IBM i. You'll end up going down endless yellow brick roads!! And your name is NOT Dorothy!

So stick with the links Charles has given you - or in your Google seraches, include hints like "AS/400", "iSeries", "IBM i" - the latter with quotes can help.

I push on this because your question have had an understandable and undeniable feel of coming from looking at non-IBM i information.

Having said that, there are documents that give cross-product DB2 information - probably in the .../software/i/db2 site - look for white papers and articles and the like.

So keep on having fun, man!! You seem to be getting a lot out of this platform, it's great to hear what you're up to.

Vern