Hello everyone,

I now have a full application online that is able to navigate through all of the libraries on the server, all of the tables in a library, and all of the fields of a table. I will be adding query support soon... I love the speed of the IBM i and php. My scripts pop on the screen and I am running right along side our production environment, which gets hammered.

I am reading about the Native XML support in DB2 code named Viper and how there is mention of an article to Fire Up The Hybrid Engine.

Is Native XML support a default part of v6r1... how does one check to see if it is installed... via green screen or php?

I am building an API that is sent an xml file... so I want to stuff its values into a Table... then process the information...

It seems that every time I read about a feature in DB2 I should be using... there is no mention of how to check to see if that feature is already available. About the only thing I find is a complicated method of installing said feature, which is out of my abilities at the moment.

If I can check to see if Native XML is support in my DB2, then I can march on, otherwise this gives me a grand excuse to demand I have ssh access to the server, so that I can get the xml support turned on.

Thank You,
Rob

---