For a start, run these commands so we can see where things are pointing:

% which node | xargs ls -all
-rwxrwxr-x 1 qsys 0 26327031 Aug 6 02:13
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/Node/bin/node
% which npm | xargs ls -all
lrwxrwxr-x 1 qsys 0 76 Aug 6 02:13
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/Node/bin/npm ->
../lib/node_modules/npm/bin/npm-cli.js

In the first Node.js delivered by IBM I needed to do the following. I run
node_env.sh each time I do Node work in a new shell session. I also do
stuff like this in a shell file for when I start Node.js servers in "batch"
(daemon).

% cat ~/node_env.sh
export
PATH=/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/Node/bin:/QOpenSys/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/QOpenSys/usr/bin/X11:/usr/sbin:.:/usr/bin
export LIBPATH=/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/Node/bin

If you want to affect your current process/shell-session make sure to use a
period when you invoke it:

% . node_env.sh

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Kevin Turner <kevin.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>