<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64>, ARM
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture>, PowerPC
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC>,IBM s390
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_ESA/390> or MIPS
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIPS_architecture> ISAs
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instruction_set_architecture>)[3]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V8_(JavaScript_engine)#cite_note-google_dev-3>
[6] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V8_(JavaScript_engine)#cite_note-6> before
executing it, instead of more traditional techniques such as interpreting
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpreter_(computing)> bytecode or
compiling the whole program to machine code and executing it from a
filesystem. The compiled code is additionally optimized (and re-optimized)
dynamically at runtime, based on heuristics of the code's execution
profile. Optimization techniques used includeinlining
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inlining>, elision
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_elision> of expensive runtime
properties, and inline caching
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inline_caching>, among many others.