I see some overlap between Polymer and Angular in that both include
additional tags. Both support the development new tag libraries, including
tag attributes, directives, and functions which create and manipulate the
DOM based thereon.

Polymer includes a fairly robust library of visual components which is more
comparable to Angular UI, while Angular JS includes a fairly broadly scoped
framework for developing client-side applications; which IMHO is overly
scoped and esoteric.

It appears that Google views Angular JS 2.0 as the replacement of Angular
JS. The migration path from one to the other (if any) has not been
determined. But there are quite a few comments from Google including
rationale for moving to 2.0.

I've grown leery of visual component libraries and frameworks which
position themselves as replacements to HTML. I've been reviewing quite a
few. I prefer tag-based over JSON-based components. I agree with some of
their visual and behavioral extensions. But the "cons" generally outweigh
the "pros".

Too much code included in the framework. Performance concerns. Moderate to
intensive training required. Mostly there is often no clear advantage of
using them over standard HTML, CSS, and modest amounts of JS to handle
events.