My experience is that some internal customers did resist the change to
web, but once they tryed it they don't go back to the 5250.

If your users are more o less like mine, you will serve them better
moving everything to web.
The main argument against the change is the "slow response" of the
browser, (true when using jdbc - asp) but serving directly the web is as
fast as the green screen, and since you don't have the limits in rows
and columns the "fast page up/down" from the 5250, it gets replaced with
the faster scroll, search,etc in the browser.

Probably the strongest argument against the web in COBOL is ignorance.
COBOL people don't know web and web people only know asp.