From: WEB400 [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Henrik Rützou
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 5:05 AM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Subject: Re: [WEB400] IBM i authentication and RESTful web service design

Kelly

You have overseen your maybe biggest problem of all and that is that COBOL isn’t very well supported in ILE web-development on IBM I since most ILE frameworks and tools are done in RPGLE/C and most others in PASE (Java, PHP, Ruby etc.) using XMLSERVICE ( http://yips.idevcloud.com/wiki/index.php/XMLService/XMLService ) to communicate with the ILE environment. You may be better off in the latter (PASE/XMLSERVICE).

Henrik Rützou

 http://powerEXT.com <http://powerext.com/>