Kelly:

I get your distaste for the Network server, but NFS is easy to set up,
fast, and reliable.

You might find that to be a better solution without 90% of the work.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Kelly Cookson <KCookson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

File sharing is definitely a possibility.

My experiences in the past (read: several years ago) have been that mapped
network drives between the iSeries and Windows do not work reliably. More
than once users would one morning discover they were unable to access their
mapped drive. I would try remapping drives over and over without success.
When we tried to get support, Microsoft would say it's an iSeries problem,
and IBM would say it's a Microsoft problem. Maybe things have gotten
better. But it left a bad taste in my mouth that never went away.

I'm wanting to explore my possibilities with HTTP\HTTPS...to understand
what my options are for using HTTP\HTTPS to do application-to-application
file transfers.

Thanks,
Kelly