We have a need to move stream files between the IBM i server and Windows
I know I can use FTP. My question here is about what is possible. Since
FTP and HTTP are both TCP/IP protocols, it should be possible to move files
between the IBM i server and Windows servers using HTTP\HTTPS.
Suppose I have an Apache web serve set up on the IBM i server and an IIS
web server set up on a Windows server. Here are the processes I want to
FROM IBM i TO WINDOWS (INITIATED ON IBM i)
1. A COBOL or RPG program populates a DB2/400 physical file with data
based on business logic.
2. A CL program uses the CPYTOIMPF command to create a stream file in the
IFS based on the physical file.
3. A process on the IBM i sends a PUT or POST HTTP request to the IIS web
server in order to move the file to the Windows server for storage.
4. A CL program uses the RMVLNK command to delete the file from the IFS.
How do I achieve step 3 above?
FROM WINDOWS to IBM i (INITIATED ON IBM i)
Here is another process I want to achieve:
1. A process on the IBM i sends a GET HTTP request to an IIS web server to
get a file and store it in the IFS.
2. A CL program uses the CPYFRMIMPF command to upload the file into a
DB2/400 physical file.
3. A COBOL or RPG program then processes the DB2/400 file using business
How do I achieve step 1 above?
I suspect I will be able to do the above processes with Node.JS on the IBM
i. But I don't have Node.JS yet. So what other ways might I accomplish step
3 in the first process and step 1 in the second process?
IT Project Leader
Dot Foods, Inc.
1.217.773.4486 ext. 12676
This is the Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) (WEB400) mailing
To post a message email: WEB400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: WEB400-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.