From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Phil McCullough
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 3:22 PM
To: Web Enabling the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries)
Cc: Web400@Midrange. Com
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Fwd: Reading data

We used net.data for many years running our business-critical websites:
serving up eCommerce, taking registrations, tracking continuing-education
classes, and many other dynamic functions. While it "worked", we finally
moved away from because: 1) it is no longer supported, 2) it has
limitations, 3) only a handful of people on this planet know how to make
it work, and 4) it does not comform to modern software design paradigms.

My advice for what it's worth --> stay far, far away from net.data;
instead, look to the future and invest in modern languages and tools: PHP,
ASP.Net, JSP, etc.

Phil

On Jan 19, 2013, at 10:09 AM, "Jon Paris" <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>