Regarding the db2 error functions, you could send their output to a log file rather than to the page. Then you'd have a record of what went wrong instead of relying on users to tell you.

One more question: are you using commitment control in PHP? If so, an automatic rollback on error could explain why records don't appear (though doesn't explain multiple records).

Alan

On 11/16/12 8:30 AM, Larry Kleinman wrote:
Thanks, Alan. I already have code similar to slide 54, which would show an error in the browser. I can't rule out that there is some message appearing which the users are not telling us about, but I don't think that is the case. I don't see anything in the error log around the time that the problem has happened. I just changed the EACJOBD job description to produce a job log when the job ends, and I am hoping to find something there when this happens again. If you have any other suggestions about how to trace this, I would certainly appreciate it.

Larry Kleinman
Kleinman Associates, Inc.
212-949-6469

From: Alan Seiden <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Larry Kleinman <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/15/2012 05:30 PM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] looking for zend job log

Larry, if you're doing DB2 inserts, check out slide# 54 here:
http://www.slideshare.net/aseiden/db2-and-php-best-practices-on-ibm-i

It shows how to check for errors and to find the exact error text for
SQL queries to ibm_db2.

If you just want PHP errors, find the PHP log at
/usr/local/zendsvr/var/log/php.log

Alan