two warning messages go off when I read this. First, webKit was the
basis for HP's WebOS.

Note that webkit's abilities or inabilities weren't the demise of webOS (I
am guessing). Here is some reading you can do on WebKit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebKit
http://www.webkit.org

It originated from Apple/Safari and is probably one of the most significant
open source contributions in the past 5 years given the browser is where a
significant amount of applications will reside in the future (mobile,
desktop, Internet, Intranet, etc). Chrome is based on Webkit. The Android
and iOS browsers are based on Webkit. In short, there are MANY players
that depend on Webkit's success. Not to say it won't be
politically/emotionally forked in the future (MySQL anyone?) but suffice to
say it is here for at least awhile.

Aaron Bartell
www.MowYourLawn.com/blog
www.OpenRPGUI.com