Here's the scenario. HTML page is the beginning of a chain of pages.
On it is a form. Fill out the form, click submit. The action is a PHP
web page which I ultimately want to debug. Zend Server CE running on i 5.4.

Installed Zend Studio, tried the Run...Debug...Debug Configuration that
it shares with Helios and WDSC and the debugger does not get invoked.
Same undesirable behaviour as Helios. I have 'Debug all pages' selected
in the debug configuration, just like Helios.

Zend Studio installed a new toolbar for Firefox. Click the 'Settings'
icon there, select 'Debug all pages'. Start at the HTML, fill in the
form and when the action fires, the debugger gets focus and execution is
waiting at the first line of PHP code. Very nice, very usable.

There is one other thing I learnt. If you have a run/debug
configuration with appropriate path mapping, the Zend debugger will
debug the source in Studio rather than the source on the server. This
is controlled by Extra Stuff, Settings, Debug local copy (on the
toolbar) or debug configurations, advanced, Source location: local copy
within the debug configuration. Sometimes one might prefer to debug the
development (Studio?) version and sometimes, the production (server)
version.
--buck