From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buck
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 8:31 AM
To: web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WEB400] PHP progress

On 1/4/2011 3:41 PM, Kevin Schroeder wrote:
Most remote debugging requires you IP address to be added to an allowed-host list. For the Zend Debugger http://files.zend.com/help/Zend-Server-Community-Edition/zend_debugger_-_configuration_directives.htm, for XDebug http://www.xdebug.org/docs/remote.

Thanks, I'm in the allowed host list. The 'test debugger' button in
Eclipse reports success and I can debug a PHP page if I fire off the URL
for the PHP page. I cannot debug a PHP page if I fire off the URL for
the HTML form which as its action, fires off a PHP page.

And, yes, you should use Zend Studio. :-)

Now is not a good time to ask She Who Must Be Obeyed for $300US. Sure I
can download the trial but I'll use up the trial period while I'm still
floundering. At this point in my PHP 'career' I'm pretty darned
productive with Notepad++. Which isn't an advert for Notepad++ but a
declaration that I pretty much stink right now. I don't know what I
don't know yet, and until I get some sort of handle on what it is I need
to learn, I'll be sticking to free tooling.
--buck