That doesn't make much sense though. It is either an ASP approach to development or it's not, and ASP (I.e embedding code in HTML) is quite an ancient way of developing web apps. I think that's what Maurice is alluding to.

However, having an alternative to apache on the IBMi is intriguing (for rpg I mean) - but not if it means using an ASP approach.

I am still banking on a node.js port :-)

On 30 Dec 2010, at 00:33, "jim t" <jim_t_59@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The developer of IceBreak is from Denmark. From talking to Jim Cooper at the
Canadian branch he said that ASP is that way the users from Europe like.

----- Original Message ----
From: Maurice O'Prey <maurice.oprey@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, December 29, 2010 3:28:59 PM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] 5250 programmer to web programmer

Jim

I guess this quote from http://www.icebreak.dk/tutorials.htm tells me which
time warp we are talking about (circa 2001 IMHO)

The key to a simple web-development approach is ".asp", Active Server
Pages. This technology has been used on Microsoft web >>servers for a quite
some time. Now we are bringing ASP to the iSeries "Application Server
Program". The syntax is similar but the >>performance is faster with OS/400
program objects executing directly from the IceBreak server.

It may take a while for IceBreak to update their documentation (and product)
in order to catch up with Microsoft's newer offering, ASP.NET?

Agree or disagree?

- Maurice O'Prey