From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nathan Andelin
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 1:36 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] WhoAmI in PHP and getting Wordpress plugins to work without FTP

From: Kelly Cookson
Obviously, no one needs the heavy iron of an IBM i just to run a web server
with Wordpress installed. One could do it on a much cheaper server.

When we use terms like "heavy iron" to describe IBM i servers, people may get a
very wrong impression. Particularly when "heavy iron" is accompanied by "One
could do it on a much cheaper server."

I know I'm pulling a quote out of context from a message that is otherwise
supportive of running Wordpress under IBM i, which I'm in favor of too, so I
hope you'll forgive me, but I want to point out that Power servers in and of
themselves cost about the same as comparably equipped Intel servers. In other
words, the "iron" costs about the same.

And when comparing IBM i to Microsoft SQL server, the DBMS costs are comparable
too. But does one need a server+DBMS for Wordpress?

-Nathan