Yes, I agree. However, our site is split between two different servers,
one of which is on our network inside our firewall, the other is hosted by
a public hosting company. I want to include some files that reside on the
public server in a page residing on the server on our network

Larry Kleinman
Kleinman Associates, Inc.
212-949-6469
203-255-4100

Kevin Schroeder <kevin@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/07/2010 11:08 AM
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WEB400] include of remote files in net.data

It is doable in PHP, but never, EVER, do it unless there is no other way
to do what it is you need to do and you have already tried manually
shifting the bits in the CPU registers to provide that functionality using
a localized singularity, i.e. a Black Hole. It is a) a significant
performance issue, and b) a significant security issue.

Kevin Schroeder
Technology Evangelist
Zend Technologies, Ltd.
www.zend.com