Note that if you're at 6.1 or higher, you might consider making use of
the new CLIENT_xxxx special registers...

They can be set by your application, then reference later as opposed
to passing explicit parameters.

I've not used them, as I'm still on v5r4, nor do I know if PHP can set
them; but I assume so.

HTH,
Charles