From: Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, October 7, 2010 11:48:27 AM
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Which scales better? J2EE, PHP, or CGIDEV2?

So in theory I could have a "main router" Apache instance that
received in the TLD request (i.e. mowyourlawn.com/pgmname) and then
forwarded that request off to another Apache server instance that
operated on a different port and all subsequent request would go to
that instance of Apache? I guess it might be better to have a network
appliance accomplish this task instead of doing it in an RPG program -
though it would be nice to have the control entirely on the IBMi.

Or in short, does your statement mean I could have 10 Apache instances
for a total possibility of 99,990 concurrent threads/jobs?

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog/