There are conditions in the GPLv3, which PowerEXT is released under, that
are not business friendly.

Agreed, and that is exactly why RPGUI (http://mowyourlawn.com/rpgui.html)
uses an LGPL which gives more liberty, though not as much as MIT. It's not
that I dislike somebody trying to make a profit off their open source (I
actually think that is a good idea because then that project stands a chance
of surviving), but it is more the ambiguity of GPLv3 and it's implementation
by the likes of ExtJS where you can't seemingly get a straight answer out of
them concerning what would constitute infringement.

On the note of open source dual-license RPG, one company that has done it
much better than others is CNXCorp with their Valence product. They have a
community edition that is free and then a paid for edition which costs per
developer. They do a good job of exhausting all the possible questions you
could have concerning their licensing at the following URL:
http://cnxcorp.com/valence/faqs/#how-changed. After reading all of those
questions/answers I have a much better idea of exactly how they operate and
WHY they approached it they way they did.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog/