Concerning converting data, here is what I do to make it easier. I
basically ask for a piece of data, supply the format it is in, and a default
to use if the parsing fails.

PERNBR = http_getCgiNbr('PERNBR': *omit: 0);

SSN = http_getCgiNbr('SSN': '111-22-3333': 0);

DOB = http_getCgiDate('DOB': 'yyyy-MM-dd': d'0001-01-01');

Outside of that, I have no idea what you meant in your response because it
is all dealing in vague theories.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog/