From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 4:12 PM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Basi question on web page content

In general (and take this with a grain of salt, since I spent most of my
time on Java-based packages) the difference between Joomla and Drupal is
that Joomla is easier to get started but tends to hit a wall, while
Drupal has a bigger learning curve but has more features.

That's a huge generalization, but that's the consensus that I've dealt
with. Mike mentioned Wordpress, and while you can do a lot with it,
bear in mind that it's far less customizable than the others.

Joe

There are a plethora of packages (Content Management Systems) that handle situations like this. I haven't had experience with any of those in years, but a couple that I keep reading good things about are Drupal and Joomla. Both are open source packages written in PHP using MySQL as a back end, and they store articles in the database.