From: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Kelly Cookson
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 9:06 AM
To: Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: [WEB400] Basi question on web page content

If you decide to go with a CMS like Drupal on the IBM I (AS400), then
you might consider getting the new Zend server so you don't have
problems with the reverse proxy server used by Zend Core.

If you used Drupal, users could simply create pages themselves in
wiki-like fashion. You can install modules that give users WYSIWYG
editing capabilities, but I find these modules a little buggy and the
html code they generate is horrendous. I prefer to have my users format
pages with BBCode or with simple HTML (with the assistance of an editor
called BUEditor).

I've set up several sites with Drupal. It took a couple of days to find
my way around the administration pages, but I like Drupal. I can now set
up a complete website with login, control over user permissions, search
capabilities, user blogs, wiki-like books, forums, and individual pages
in less than a day. That includes having the site look the way I want it
to look.

I recommend a Drupal theme called Sky. It has some decent configuration
options, and I've been able to understand the underlying code well
enough to customize it. Some themes are more convoluted than others at
the code level.

Kelly Cookson
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Dot Foods, Inc.