Thanks Mike.

Already read this one when I was looking for overview materials and it
ultimately points back to the Redbook J

This article is a great overview article but also doesn't address my
specific question, nor does the Redbook.

As I mentioned, I have MySQL 64-bit V5.1.42 working but was just having
a hard time registering the ibmdb2i functionality because the plugin is
missing if you install 64-bit MySQL.

It's not even in the TAR file. Doh !! MySQL build oversite or by
design ?

I installed the 32-bit MySQL V5.1.42 engine and it now works just fine,
but that's a major inconsistency from the Redbook or any of the other
articles I found online.

So my question stands:

Should the 64-bit MySQL version support the ibmdb2i engine functionality
? If so, where's the plugin ?

It works fine with the 32-bit MySQL engine which is total opposite of
what the Redbook recommends.

Anyone else using the ibmdb2i functionality ?

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Get the information you need. Now!"
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com <http://www.rjssoftware.com/>
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

This might help:

http://www.ibmsystemsmag.com/print/print.aspx?print_page=%2Fibmi%2Ffebru
ary09%2Ffeatures%2F24086printp1.aspx&string_referer=/ibmi/february09/fea
<http://archive.midrange.com/web400/201001/msg00003.html>
tures/24086p2.aspx

Regards,

Mike